List of countries / areas with high epidemiological risk from 18.08.2020, according to Decision no. 43 of 27.08.2020 of the National Committee for Emergency Situations
List in force beginning 29.08.2020 at 0:00
YELLOW AREA (quarantine 14 days): Andorra, South Africa, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bolivia, Belize, Bosnia and Herțegovina, Brazilia, Puerto Rico, Republic of Cabo Verde, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Gibraltar, Guam, Guineea Ecuatorială, Honduras, Feroe Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Virgin Islands of the United States, Irak, Israel, Kazahstan, Kârgâzstan, Kosovo, Kuweit, Luxemburg, North Macedonia , Maldives, Republic of Moldova, Muntenegru, Malta, Namibia, Guam, Eswatini, Oman, Palestina, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Dominican Republic, Spain - regions: Aragon, Cataluna, Navarra, Comunidad de Madrid, Insulele Baleare, Basque Country, Sint Maarten, United States of America, Surinam.
The quarantine measure applies to all persons arriving from an international journey from countries / areas with high epidemiological risk and have the right to enter the national territory, respectively: Romanian citizens, citizens of European Union Member States, European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation, or to the persons who fall under one of the exceptions provided by GD no. 553 / 15.07.2020, Annex 3, art. 2, paragraph 2, letters a) - l). The quarantine of persons shall be established at the respective person's home, at a declared location, as the case may be, in a special space, designated by the authorities.
Restrictions for foreign nationals in accordance with art. no. 2, paragraph 1, point 2, annex no.3 of the Government Decision no. 533/15th of July 2020
In accordance with art. no. 2, paragraph 1, point 2, annex no.3 of the Government decision no. 533/15th of July 2020, foreign citizens from Non-EU states, respectively those who do not belong to the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation, as well as stateless persons are prohibited from entry to the territory of Romania, through the state border crossing points. The following foreign nationals are exempted from these stipulations:
- family members of Romanian citizens;
- family members of nationals of other EU Member States or of the European Economic Area or of the Swiss Confederation, with residence in Romania;
- persons holding a long-stay visa, a residence permit or a document equivalent to a residence permit, issued by the authorities or a document equivalent issued by the authorities of other states, according to EU law;
- persons traveling for work, proven by a visa, residence permit or other equivalent document, medical staff, medical researchers, geriatric care medical staff, as well as carriers and other categories of staff involved in the transport of goods which provide such necessary transports;
- diplomatic or consular personnel, personnel of international organizations, military personnel or personnel who can provide humanitarian aid;
- persons in transit, including those repatriated as a result of the granting of consular protection;
- passengers traveling for imperative reasons;
- people in need of international protection or other humanitarian reasons;
- foreigners and stateless persons traveling for study purposes;
- foreigners and stateless persons, highly qualified workers, if their employment is economically necessary and the activity cannot be postponed or carried out abroad;
- foreigners and stateless persons, cross-border workers, seasonal agricultural workers, maritime and river navigators;
- members of international sports delegations participating in sports competitions organized in Romania, in accordance with the law.